Wednesday 24 November 2010

introducing blámi

Some people can be so wonderfully creative. Two sisters, Hanna Margrét and Unnur Dóra, from my old neighbourhood in Reykjavik, fall straight into that category (Hanna was in the same class as I for many years and we also played handball together). They just started their own company, Blámi, and their first product is a gift wrap, which they designed by using old Icelandic maps.

Below is my favourite gift wrap and I kindly borrowed the images from Blámi's Facebook profile to create the collage. How cool is that design?


Blámi.
Email: islandsblami@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. I love globes and maps, so this wrapping paper is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! This is the perfect paper for a teenage boy... sometimes it's hard to find the right paper for my son. I love these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. váááááááá flott hugmynd. Ég hef alltaf verið veik fyrir svona gömlum landakortum, þau eru svo falleg á litin. Ég set síðuna strax í uppáhald og bendi fólki þá þetta.
    Kveðja Adda á Akureyri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mér líst vel á þig Adda að breiða út boðskapinn, ég gerði það hér alveg óumbeðin. Mér finnst þetta svo fallegt hjá þeim systrum. Svo eru þetta líka bara yndislegar systur.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.