Friday 7 September 2012

Space: white & serene




This photo, which was on the cover of Veranda in September 2007, has been in my inspiration folder for a long time and I don't know how often I have kept it open on my desktop to enjoy the design. That room speaks to me, it looks both grand and serene, and I love the white chaise lounge. The interior designer is Renea Abbott and the artwork above the fireplace is by Cy Twombly.

Starting tomorrow, it was my plan to blog on Saturdays again. There is something delightful about creating a blog post with a cup of coffee on a leisurely Saturday morning, not to mention when the weather is nothing special and you just want to stay cosy at home. Then I checked the weather report and there is nothing autumnal about it, only warm days ahead to prolong the summer. Tomorrow we are also having guests over so I have a good excuse to postpone my Saturday blogging for at least one week.

photo credit:
Veranda, September 2007 cover via Cote de Texas

9 comments:

  1. Adorable! Serene being the catchword: I am all into serene interiors at the moment...must be the change of season:-) Happy weekend, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty room Lisa. I try to keep things neutral in my home. It's dark here in the PNW and I can never understand why people paint their homes dark colors? I need the light, bright feel of light color around me.. and then I change accessories with the seasons. Speaking of that, I'm with you on re editing at this time of year. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting. cy twombly is one of my favourite artists, but I wouldn't have recognized this piece. interesting combination, too.

    have a most wonderful weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a wonderful weekend, Lisa. Enjoy your weekend with friends - London is set to be hot, hot, hot, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is so much to love about this picture, the fireplace, the floor, even the logs in the urn. Enjoy your dinner party! x sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why you are inspired by this image Lisa, there's so much to love about it--the floor, the white & wood tones, the patterned fireplace, the comfy chaise, the beautiful Twombly!

    Hope you are out enjoying the sunshine!
    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This chaise is so lovely + serene; I could imagine spending an afternoon here relaxing. Wishing you a wonderful weekend Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's the kind of space that makes you let out an audible sigh. I'd love to kick off my shoes and do a Saturday blog post in that lovely chaise!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.