Wednesday 31 October 2012

notes à la mode 19


I thought about whether to post these photographs under NOTES À LA MODE or not because to me they are more about the photography than fashion; they have that balance between the artistic and fashion side that appeals to me. The clothes do play a role but it's not only about the clothes. These are part of an editorial called 'L’Ange Noir' that was captured by Ben Hassett for Numéro, issue #137.

If you are tired of the clichés and messages that the glossy magazines seem to deliver then perhaps Numéro is a magazine for you. "[It] was founded in 1998 by Elisabeth Djian [launched in 1999] ... When asked why she created Numero, Djian commented, 'I was bored with magazines that told me how to seduce a man. I wanted to create this magazine for an intelligent, smart woman who wants to read about art, design, music: not about stupidity – creams that take away wrinkles, you know, which is stupid'" (Wikipedia).


photo credit:
Ben Hassett for Numéro #137 | Anne Vyalitsyna in 'L’Ange Noir' styled by Patti Wilson
via Fashion Gone Rogue

11 comments:

  1. The first photo is stunning! Love the concept of Numero, fashion magazines have become a cliche, especially the beauty sections. I usually roll my eyes when I come across those pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, I really like them! Happy Halloween! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Número (as well as Love and I-D) for exactly this reason. Plus I always feel that I get more reading out of them, too. I often feel that Vogue and Elle only publish promo stories these days, so I end up feeling tricked in a way. Número and other above mentioned mags feel more independent and free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like my kind of magazine! Great photos too...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Numero is a great magazine! The photographs here are stunning..LOVE the top one.
    Catherine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos Lisa! Beautiful hair and I love the fashion detail. I'm sure these were all expensive items and I can just imagine how one might feel while wearing something so lovely :)

    Hope your week is going well.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous images Lisa. I'm glad you reminded me of Numero! If only I knew where to get my hands on it here. Some of my favorite photographers have done work for Numero--there's a particular flowers in the bathtub spread with Coco Roche by by Sofia Sanchez and Mauro Mongiello that I've always thought was art and would still love to find a way to get it blown up and framed for my own bathroom.

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love numero. for exactly its photos. they are always amazing. often better than what you find in vogue. thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these images Lisa so much emotion in captured! I love numero mag and the words by the founder Elizabeth are spot on Brava to her!
    Carla x have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't agree more! I definitely think that the photography is a huge part of these shots although the clothes are also important, so is the way they are shown and portrayed x

    Http://currentlylovingblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.