Monday 17 March 2014

Brighter shade than pale 21 - spring




I am devoting today to the arrival of spring and what it means to me. It's time to set aside the warm coats and go for something lighter. Don't forget the hat! I cannot wait to visit flower markets (or farmers' markets) in the area - the big question is always which gorgeousness to bring back home. Usually, I know which flower will be my favourite in spring (last year it wasn't a particular flower, simply any blue ones), but this year I haven't figured it out yet. Currently, I'm enjoying the yellow daffodils and purple crocuses in our garden, and of course the gorgeous spring blossoms I shared last week. For this spring I'm looking for simple accessories, a light bracelet (this is my comfort zone colour) that fits perfectly with the shorter sleeves. With the temperatures rising it's time to sit outside at cafés, enjoying the people watching. Or relaxing at home with the perfect cup, letting the sun shine through the windows and enjoying good music. For me this is the song of spring 2014: Rihanna's Stay performed by Thirty Seconds to Mars in the Live Lounge - fabulous performance by Oscar winner Jared Leto. I haven't decided my book of spring 2014. Allow me get back to you on that one!

photo credit:
1: Alasdair McLellan for Margaret Howell Autumn 2011 ad campaign | Dree Hemingway styled by Kate Phelan via art8amby / 2: Carin Olsson/Flickr of Paris in Four Months / 3: Peter Bagi Photography / 4: MarieClaire.it via Le Royaume du Monde / 5: Bodie and Fou / 6: Abode Living Autumn 2013 via Est Magazine

2 comments:

  1. Spring is in full swing here and I couldn't be happier. I haven't yet worn my trench, but fresh flowers are a given in our home already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freshly brewed coffee, a comfy bed and fresh flowers? Yes, this is the vibe I love on a Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.