Thursday 6 March 2014

drawing with light 32



This photo shows Cortina d’Ampezzo, a town in the Dolomites mountain range, in the north-eastern Italian Alps. The Dolomites are on the UNESCO World Heritage list. This photo has been haunting me for some time because I wanted to use it to say goodbye to winter, and now that spring is almost here, officially, I was running out of time. I found myself on endless Tumblr and Pinterest pages unable to trace its source. Then I made a final attempt this morning and discovered it was taken by man called Alexey Elkin.

Now that the daffodils and crocuses in my garden are in bloom I think it's safe to say goodbye winter!

photo credit:
Alexey Elkin via Pinterest (source discovered via design-dautore.com/Facebook)

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you, Lisa! I'm still waiting for the day when I will bid winter farewell. March is such a capricious month in these parts. Beautiful shot!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.