Tuesday 18 March 2014

Space: a dining room in France with a purple twist



Trust me, I'm someone who would never consider going for purple chairs in my dining room, yet I'm fascinated with the look of this space, which belongs to a house in the south of France (follow the links below for more). That massive oak trestle table is right up my alley and I think the black glass cabinet contrasts it beautifully. The tiles also appeal to me and I like how the black squares break up the look, the floor would probably look a bit flat without them. The purple industrial chairs, or the Tolix chairs (Xavier Pauchard (1880-1948) design), take care of transforming this space - in a good way. I think it's the rustic wood, neutral colours and minimal home accessories that make the purple work so well.

photo credit:
Mikkel Adsbøl for Femina via Lily & Parker

1 comment:

  1. I would be happy if I had those tiles and the massive oak table in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.