Tuesday 25 March 2014

Space: a romantic-style bathroom in a Somerset B&B



The minute I laid my eyes on this photo I was hooked. As much as I like romantic style, I very often find such spaces too decorated and that is where I lose my interest. This bathroom, however, is perfectly balanced with wonderful attention to details. It belongs to The Post House, a bed & breakfast in the Somerset countryside; it's part of a room called The Suite. Do you notice the wooden floor? This is what I'm talking about on the blog when I say that I'm a fan of wood flooring in bathrooms.

photo credit:
The Post House B&B (Somerset) via Bette's

4 comments:

  1. I love the rustic look of this bathroom but the thing I really envy here is the daylight. I so wish I had a bathroom with a window but mine is unfortunately in the backpart of my apartment without a window. And natural light changes just everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wooden floor is undoubtedly my favourite detail here. I like the way the natural light flows into the room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is a beautiful bathroom, so nice to get away from the traditional tiled walls and floors. I love the vanity, it looks like an antique wash stand.
    I have been trying to find one for our new bathroom addition upstairs.It would look so elegant with an above counter basin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Wendy Paula, a vanity like that with an above counter basin would look very elegant. I hope you find a vanity like that somewhere!

      Delete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.