Tuesday 4 March 2014

the inspiration dose - the April issues

Tuesdays are my exam days (I'm taking an online course on sustainable development). I cannot say the exams are heavy; they are quizzes to test one's knowledge after each lecture. Besides, when you are taking an online course you have the material in front of you and it's up to you to just look up the answers for certain types of questions, or study in a way where you feel confident to answer without any help. I like the latter approach. I have been doing well on my exams and I like rewarding myself after I'm done. My today's carrot is two April issues sitting on my desk that arrived by mail: Elle Decoration UK and Harper's Bazaar UK. I just became an Elle Decoration subscriber (it has always been one of my favourites) and am looking forward to my monthly dose of beautiful interiors. Since it is an issue that celebrates pattern and colour, there are plenty of textiles. The issue contains a few house tours that reflect my own style - think rustic elements - and one of them is a house and studio in the town of Neuchâtel in Switzerland. Many years ago I lived in Zürich for a year and lived for two months in a small town next to Neuchâtel. It's a beautiful part of Switzerland, at least in my memory. Sarah Jessica Parker graces the cover of Harper's Bazaar and there is an interview inside featuring a photo shoot by Alexi Lubomirski. There are also interviews with Karl Lagerfeld, Laudomia Pucci, the three generations of Fendi women, and Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana. To me, that's a good carrot!

photo credit:
Lisa Hjalt

3 comments:

  1. There's (almost) nothing better than a little coffee break with a favorite interiors magazine. I wish I had more time for those precious moments. But then I always tell myself: I just have to take the time for it! Well I am almost there: Right now I am sipping my after work coffee and reading Latte Lisa Blog. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm telling you my friend: Make time for it! I'm not done reading Elle Decor so there will be another moment like that ;-)

      Delete
  2. I know I enjoy these moments most when I have the busiest schedule and hardly find time for a little break. But when I finally do, it's the best and it feels so rewarding. I don't buy interior decor magazines every month, but I enjoy those so much when I do that I think I should just subscribe to one, too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.