Friday 22 August 2014

Project preview: The CafeSigrun cookbook



Yesterday I promised to reveal what I have been working on lately and I'm happy to tell you that I have been editing a cookbook for a dear friend of mine, Sigrun. She is the owner of CafeSigrun, a popular and award-winning Icelandic website with recipes free of e.g. refined sugar, white flour, butter and yeast (also available in English). This is her first cookbook. She creates all the recipes, prepares everything in her own kitchen, and takes all the photographs herself.

These days I'm pretty much thinking in recipes. I recently told a friend that if you ask me how I am I might as well answer with names of cooking or baking ingredients instead of saying I'm well. As much as I have been enjoying the project, I have to confess that it has involved some suffering as well, something I didn't take into account before agreeing to it: The photographs of all the delicious soups, salads, vegetarian dishes, chicken, fish, cakes, ice cream, confectionery, cold and warm drinks (I could go on and on) that I would find in my inbox almost every day! There I am sitting by the computer, all innocent editing a certain chapter, when I get a notification that I have mail. I open an email to maybe find 4 or 5 images of a slice of chocolate cake with the question: „Which one do you like best?“ I'm telling you, it can be agonising, especially when you don't have that slice of cake waiting for you in your own kitchen!

These images are a just a teeny tiny preview of the book (and my inbox suffering!).


The publishing date has not been decided but we are turning in the manuscript in the beginning of September (we are so excited!). Next week we will be busy polishing it so I'm taking a week-long break from blogging.

Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy these final days of August!


photo credit:
Sigrun Thorsteinsdottir of CafeSigrun (English website)

16 comments:

  1. Oh the martyr ;) If it weren't for you there would be no cookbook, so there....I project all the blame back on to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so you're saying this was self-inflicted suffering?!! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Indeed....you could always direct the emails to a spam folder marked "do not open" :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you can finally spill the beans. Sigrun should know that you've been a thoughtful friend, sharing your suffering with me sometimes. :) Congratulations to you both! Everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ada.

      PS. Sigrun knows about your food-image suffering. I told her ;-)

      Delete
  4. You should form a support group for CS sufferers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this looks very good and yummy, Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to see it's happening!! It looks amazing, can't wait to get my hands on the book. Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM! That sounds like an interesting project! Congratulations on trying to keep your taste buds and work separate!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Her recipes, and the photos, look delicious! You must let us know how to buy a copy the moment the book is ready. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Elizabeth! Please note the book will be published in Iceland. Maybe a fast-track Icelandic course would help ;-)

      Delete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.