Wednesday 17 February 2016

Letting the outdoors in



The March 2016 issue of Elle Decoration UK is filled with many interesting features and has made up for the disappointing March issue of The World of Interiors, which is another story (don't get me started on the cover!). One of the house tours in Elle Decoration that I liked was of a beautiful apartment in Lyon that has been circling in the blogosphere (it also appeared in the Australian magazine Vogue Living where you can view all the images). Another tour that appealed to me was of a contemporary townhouse in Cologne with Asian-inspired influences (see Den of Zen on journalist Kristina Radershad's website). No worries, I'm not going to tell you about every feature in the issue but the reason I snapped a photo of that dining area is that we are heading for spring and I'm a fan of letting the outdoors in when it gets warmer ('The Borrowers', a flat in Milan photographed by Fabrizio Cicconi). Apart from its mismatched floor materials, the flat itself is a bit too quirky for my taste. However, this space is also a kitchen and I like the idea of being able to open the doors onto a large balcony and perhaps feel a light breeze while dining or enjoying a cup of coffee in the morning.

image by me | credit: Elle Decoration UK, March 2016, p. 186 · Fabrizio Cicconi


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.