Wednesday 22 March 2017

carnations in my study



The other day my son and I were having breakfast when he asked me what were my favourite flowers. Without thinking I said carnations (on the table was a vase with yellow ones). 'Why?' he asked. 'Because they are durable,' I said, 'they last long.' A few years back I would have said white tulips or peonies, without a doubt. When I think about it I cannot really choose between these three, but carnations are the flowers I buy most of the time (the Spaniards were on to something when they chose the red carnation as their national flower). This is an image I snapped in my study this morning while enjoying a nutmeg latte. Carnations and stacks of books on my desk is a common sight. Happy hump day!


2 comments:

  1. They are beautiful:) Happy spring! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana, for stopping by. Happy spring to you!

      Delete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.