Sunday, 10 October 2010

if i promised you the world

I'm in a romantic mood. It's Sunday and we just enjoyed coffee and my chocolate tray bake with whipped cream instead of the traditional Sunday pancakes, which, by the way, we had yesterday.

I was listening to music on YouTube when I suddenly remembered a beautiful song by an Icelandic artist called Magni. He was Iceland's hero for some time, when he appeared on the reality TV show Rockstar: Supernova and made it to the finals.

Anyway, I found Magni's song, If I Promised You the World, on YouTube in a video made by someone who is a big fan of the BBC TV mini-series North and South (2004). I haven't seen any episodes but this wonderful video makes me want to get a hold of them. I haven't read Elizabeth Gaskell's North and South but I read Mary Barton a few years ago and enjoyed it very much.



1 comment:

  1. Great song! And I remember 'North and South' from I was a kid, my mom always used to watch it :)

    ReplyDelete