Wednesday, 30 March 2011

blue & classic

The beautiful design of this Arkansas home is something I could see myself considering when I'm older and the kids have moved out – elegant and classic with beautiful blue shades. Some time ago I began calling myself the crazy lamp lady and I'm not going to tell you how much I adore these two Venetian glass lamps in the first photo ... oh my! And that tufted banquette in the second photo ... oh my again! The wallpaper in the hall is a damask print designed by Nina Campbell and I like it, a lot. I don't know about the blue living room but of course I'm crazy about the lamps.

photo credit: Francesco Lagnese for House Beautiful

8 comments:

  1. I like a touch of blue here and there, it imprints an elegance look on the room. I find the blue living-room too much, but everything else has a classic feel I just love, like the cabinet, mirror and the lamps in the entrance way. Ada

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post so much Lisa!...i do not know how you come up with such amazing posts!...wish i could be like that!
    hugs
    lila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I am loving the blue in these photos! I have to stop myself from drooling.

    Have a great day sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,Lisa.
    blue...blue...the love is blue.
    blue is quiet
    blue is sophisticated
    blue is very beautiful.
    The lamps are fabulous.
    kisses
    mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tufted banquette and the ottoman... oh my indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too much classic for me but elegant enough.that combination of stone colour with turquoise is wonderful...Have a great wednsday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the blue + sand combination and those lamps are very beautiful and elegant. The living room and it's furniture pieces is so gorgeous (picturing them to be different colors and not just one as is done here...)

    ReplyDelete