Wednesday, 9 March 2011

i love surprises

Yesterday morning when I was still in my new-camera bliss the postman rang the bell and brought me a package from Amazon. I hadn't ordered anything so I opened it with much excitement and found in it Nigella's new cookbook, Kitchen. I almost pulled a Tom Cruise – jumped for joy on the sofa – because it has been on my wish list since its publication and a very thoughtful friend of mine in London decided to make my day.

My five-year old has already found a vanilla and strawberry cake, a three layer one, he wants me to try out. I have to agree with him, it looks insanely delicious. It probably takes forever to make but we don't worry about such insignificant details.

photo credit: LatteLisa

10 comments:

  1. Oh, what a very sweet idea!!! :)
    The cover looks inviting to me, too....I heard of Nigella, but don`t have a cookbook of her.
    So, I think the next days you are not running out of new and delicious recipes, Lisa! :))

    Have a nice & sunny day! Beate XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading about experiments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice gesture! Have fun with the cooking! :) Ada

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your cook book and your camera, is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice surprise! I always really enjoy watching Nigella cooking on television, her receipes look so easy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Nigella! I love Nigella and all her recipes! You lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A cookbook - I just love cook books - and especially the ones with cakes ;o) Hope to see your dinners on the blog made from the recipes ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You lucky girl! I want this one on my rack one day as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a very pleasant surprise, I can imagine you'd do a Tom Cruise over it. I'm also not familiar with her (and not with standing in the kitchen for so many hours in a row). But I wish you very much pleasure with it and successfully cooked delighting meals. Would love to see photo's...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,Lisa

    I love to watch Nigella's program , her recipes are always mouth watering. And your surprise was great.
    kisses
    mari

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam and deleted.