Saturday, 30 April 2011

the cake

There will be plenty of bloggers covering the royal wedding, posting images of Kate's dress, the kiss on the balcony and ceremony. Being a food lover I'm obliged to cover the cake. Oh my, what a cake! It was made by Fiona Cairns using the Joseph Lambert technique of cake decoration, which I know absolutely nothing about. All I know is that I'll never be able to make a cake like that with my ingredients – maybe I have to abandon healthy baking!

In my mind this is simply too beautiful to cut and eat. My heart wouldn't handle the after photos.

© Clarence House, 2011
via The British Monarchy on Flickr

11 comments:

  1. Are you telling me you could do it with the right ingrediens?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, maybe with many many many years of practice ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and classic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Masterpiece, Lisa! This is art at it`s best and tons of sugar in it.... ;)

    Beautiful wedding cake! I didn`t see very much of the wedding, just important scenes on tv in the news.Unfortunately, I wasn`t very interested in seeing the whole ceremony, but I like both. They are so sympathetic! :)

    Happy weekend,Lisa! Beate XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is truly a genius! That cake is amazing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing! a work of art. I don't think I could cut and eat it either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. I love the little, thin flower detailing....it's like lace!

    I think I could handle seeing it cut into...if I were to be able to try a piece ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A true work of art of cake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah yes - let them have the wedding and we will take the cake ;o)) ha ha
    Have a nice sunday - greetings Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I can almost imagine the pain when cutting that cake, it is too gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam and deleted.