Tuesday 12 April 2011

sunny day in antwerp

This collage pretty much sums up my yesterday. The kids and I spent the day in Antwerp's city centre in wonderful weather. They got ice cream and I got my latte at café Mockamore (the photo of the cups is taken in there). It's located on Groenplaats square, where they're always selling flowers and you have a view of the Cathedral of Our Lady. We walked through many of the narrow streets, which I love, and on one called Groendalstraat is one of my favourite shops, Oil &Vinegar. I had to take a photo of the bowls through the window; they've been on my wish list for a long time. Close by is the iittala shop on Korte Gasthuisstraat street. Their window display was beautiful (centre-right with the Alvar Aalto vases
and tomato and blue shaded boxes). I visited Dille & Kamille on Vleminckstraat street, another of my favourites, where I bought a beautiful latte bowl before we called it a day.


photo credit: Lisa Hjalt

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love these shots. Thank you for this beautiful spring view on Antwerp. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, your photo's look so bright and beautiful! What a perfect moodboard to show how your day was spent. It makes me want to go there really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shots Lisa. Sounds like a perfect day.

    www.fabrikoflife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.