Wednesday 15 June 2011

bedrooms & desks


I like the idea of a spacious bedroom with a small desk; preferably a vintage piece with a beautiful lamp on top, fresh flowers in a vase and an antique chair to go with it. No computer on top (computers and TVs are not welcome in my bedroom), only plain and beautiful stationery in the drawers and a fountain pen, of course. Does this perhaps sound too dreamy? I don't know, maybe it's the childhood memory of having a desk in my bedroom that makes me all for it, so I've been wondering if I should go for it. The desk would simply serve as a bedside table as well, as in two of the photos above.

I hope you're all enjoying your day.

photo credit:
top-left: William Waldron for ELLE Decor
top-right: Fernando Bengoechea for House Beautiful
bottom-right: J. Savage Gibson for House Beautiful
bottom-left: Simon Upton for ELLE Decor

11 comments:

  1. I like the idea, Lisa. I have similar memories from my childhood, having had a desk in my bedroom. I still have it in my parents' home. I love the blue one, in fact I love that entire space, I find all the blue elements so calming. I'm with you: no tv or computer in the bedroom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a lovely idea, especially if you have the space. In love with that last image with the beautiful wallpaper!x

    ps I have a fun vintage giveaway up today!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not put a desk in a bedroom, beside your bed? It looks beautiful and I also think it's very practical. I'd love to have that blue desk! Hope you enjoy your day too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the blue table , and the flowers¡¡¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would adore a tiny white, French style, antiqued-finish desk in my bedroom. as you say, just beautiful stationary and a fountain pen, to write long snail mail letters and postcards. lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, that first blue desk in no less than dreamy. And I would love that as well, but I am afraid that there is no such thing as a desk without a computer in our house! The one I am sitting at now has 4 computers no less! Beyond geeky, I know...

    hugs,
    Signe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the idea of a desk as opposed to a bedside table... I for one could use the extra room it would provide! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the idea of a spacious bedroom period.

    Ours is like a little mouse's house bedroom.

    But it always has fresh flowers, no tv or computer. Only a bed, lace curtains and a snoring dog.

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! Especially that blue one. i also love the idea of having it serve as a bedside table. go for it! :)

    p.s. i really like the new side title look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always pick just dreamy rooms Lisa! And I'm with you....no computers or T.V. in our bedrooms.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.