Monday 27 June 2011

christmas in june part III


It's official, it's Christmas in June in our home. The mailman rang the bell this morning and brought me the book Larousse Gastronomique: The World's Greatest Culinary Encyclopedia. I think my first response was shock (it's so thick and heavy), then awe and respect.

Early in May the children received an Astrid Lindgren book package from the brother of my best friend (I blogged about it here) and it turns out that he had ordered this cookbook for me but something went wrong with the delivery. It has been lying in a Belgian post office for quite some time but now it's mine and oh it's gorgeous. I've never had a book like that; I feel like I'm ready to conquer the world or something!

All Mondays should start this way!

Enjoy your day everyone. Now I'm going to wash my floors after all the baking this weekend and then I'm soaking up the sun in 31°C out on the balcony all day, with my new book of course ... all my new books. I love Christmas in June, love it.

photo credit: Lisa Hjalt

14 comments:

  1. Oh my, Lisa, what a treasure you've received! Yes, all Mondays should start this way. Enjoy the sunshine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, What a lovely start to the week and what a fabulous idea christmas in June is. Enjoy your reading and those fabulous muffins you have baking. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas. Enjoy the tour,

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas in June sounds good to me! Enjoy your new book, Lisa! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also having christmas in summer time - now I have already received some christmas items for my shop - so I'm out to find christmas decoration for my photos ;o) ha ha - heat and sun - but christmas inside the house ;o)
    Hope you have a nice day - your muffins looked so good even though I'm not fond of banana in cakes - time for cake and time for banana ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This cookbook looks amazing! I have a new cookbook that I will receive on Friday and I can't wait to sit down and look through it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful way to begin the week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just love unexpected presents... in June! Looks like a fabulous cookbook, very jealous of all your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is a great way to start a new week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you take orders?

    Enjoy your christmas in June. To morrow it is firsth christmas day and you can spend all day on you balcony!

    Love form Santas Wife!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, I wish I had the skills and motivation to work through a book like that!! Christmas baking in June sounds fabulous... can I join in and unwrap some presents too? ;)

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, christmas in june...it sounds lovely! I'm making my own Christmas by ordering a few books from amazon :) enjoy the warm weather and your new "presents"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hooray! You are one lucky lady this summer :)

    Hugs,
    Signe

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a happy post!!! Gosh I'm going to have to order myself some summer xmas presents! This book looks incredible, i'm so happy it finally found its way to you!!! Go conquer the world!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.