It's a cloudy Saturday, without rain though. The children are tidying the big room and then we're off to the Nightingale Park. I'm bringing Marie Antoinette with me and I'm looking forward to reading and drinking latte while the children play. It's a good day for joy pockets; the moments we cherish no matter what is going on in our lives. If you want to play along then join Monica at Bohemian Twilight. Here are the ones which came to my mind:
- fresh flowers
- turning on my laptop in the morning these days to find emails from hubby that start with hi darling
- custom stamps, like the one above from Primele on Etsy
- films starring Meryl Streep
- browsing in the iittala shop in the city centre
- my son's negotiation skills. This morning it was: "Mom, if you make pancakes today I'll … I'll give you a hug" – of course he struck a deal
- next week's weather forecast that shows the sun
- August 2011: my best friend is visiting and hubby comes back home
- comments from blogfriends
- the beautiful antique cup in the photo below that a friend of mine in Winnipeg (Manitoba, Canada) gave me on my birthday with the words: "I'm keeping this one for you until we meet again in person." The cup even has a name: American Beauty. This friend of mine is an avid cup collector and you should see her gorgeous collection. One day the cup will be formally handed over in either Antwerp, London or Iceland.
I hope you have a wonderful day. I'll be viewing you blogs when I come back from the park.