Friday 30 December 2011

fashion friday - marion cotillard


I thought this gorgeous photo of Marion Cotillard by Ellen von Unwerth would put you in the right celebration gear. Do you have any big plans for New Year's? Tomorrow we're having another turkey feast, as we did on Christmas Day, but it'll just be the five of us; we're not doing any partying. I'm even predicting hubby will be snoring before midnight but I'm staying up late with the kids. They love seeing some fireworks. As there isn't much of those where we live, we can watch the firework madness in Reykjavik, Iceland online. You wouldn't believe me if I told you about it so just see for yourself and note the time difference. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Have you seen the Lady Dior comedy starring Marion Cotillard? It's called L.A.dy Dior directed by John Cameron Mitchell and it's fun and fantastic. It was inspired by this Lauren Hutton piece from 1973, directed by Richard Avedon.

Have a fabulous Friday!

photo credit:
Ellen von Unwerth for Tatler, June 2010

13 comments:

  1. I am spending New Year´s in Paris which is fabulous. But there won´t be any fireworks, and New Year´s without fireworks.... but I can´t complain.

    I won´t be waring anz fancy dresses tho since I will be freezing my ass off underneath la tour Eiffel. and it´s supposed to rain. tant pis!!!

    I hope you and your family are going to have a most wonderful day. all the best for 2012!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marion is beautiful!!! Inspirational!!

    Enjoy your family time, I'm sure it will be great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks beautiful. Brunettes look so stunning in red. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful picture and dress!!! I¨m spendimg new year with my husband family! happy 2012!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous photo and dress, Marion looks amazing! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. dear Lisa, i wish you & family,all the best for 2012
    just like your kids i love seeing some fireworks ; )

    love from demie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw the film L.A.dy Dior, loved it! Marion is gorgeous in this photo (I was debating yesterday whether to post this photo or the other one that I actually did post). :) We're going to a party tomorrow night. It's not my favourite night of the year (I usually resent doing what everybody else does and I would rather spend a romantic evening at home and go out on any other night of the year), but I hope it's going to be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marion looks gorgeous as usual - I will definitely check out the L.A.dy Dior film. Happy New Year to you and your family. I will have a quiet one at home with my guy. xxoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is incred, love the photo
    Great post, thanks for sharing!

    Hope you had a lovely xmas!
    Happy New year!

    if you like we can follow each other on bloglovin :)
    let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She looks gorgeous (of course!)...We will be going to a party early tonight then home early and watching fireworks on the tv. I often stay home on nye but am finally making the effort to go out (and that'll be an early night) The Moet is chilling in the fridge so it'll make things better!. THen tomorrow is cutting of the 'pita' (greek cheese pie) which has a small coin wrapped in foil hidden in its rolls- you cut it in pieces for each member of the family then whoever lands the coin has a prosperous new year! YAY!
    Hope you have great evening whatever you do.
    Helenx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous dress (and girl)! Have a Happy New Year, I´ve really enjoyed getting to know you during 2011 and look forward of following you during 2012! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you had a wonderful time with your family and I wish you all the best for this year! Happy New Year, dear Lisa!
    I said it before, Marion is so beautiful, but in this dress and those shoessssssssssssssssss! :*

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is gorgeous. I just watched Midnight in Paris again. Smitten.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.