Friday, 10 February 2012

fashion friday – old hollywood glamour


With the Oscars coming up I thought a little old Hollywood glamour would do us all some good. These photos are part of an editorial called 'Luces, Cámara...' that appeared in the July 2011 issue of Vogue Spain. Model Crystal Renn was photographed by Mark Seliger and styled by Arianne Phillips. She's wearing AW 2011 Collections from Giambattista Valli, YSL, Gucci, L’Wren Scott and Prabal Gurung, to name a few.

While I'm putting this post together Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) is running in the player. I went to the library yesterday to get some DVDs for the weekend, as the children are still dealing with cold. Unfortunately, the second season of the Cranford series wasn't available but I found an old one from BBC called The Mill on the Floss (1978), adapted from George Eliot's novel. Any of you seen that one or read the book?

Have a fabulous Friday!

photo credit:
Mark Seliger for Vogue Spain

13 comments:

  1. fabulous photos. the model reminds me of someone. an actress. but I can't think of who. that is going to drive me crazy all day long!!!

    happy friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're right. it's Julianna Marguiles. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving these photos and have a feeling Ada would like them, too, especially, the black and white ones.
    On a different note, looks like Crystal lost weight... Or somebody got carried away with retouching. Interesting...

    Enjoy your day and movies! Hope the family are well, warm and happy.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always look for Hollywood glamour inspired editorials, but you always manage to surprise me with something new. It's a beautiful photo shoot. Natalia was right (you ladies know me so well), I love the black and white ones, and the all-white look in the third image, gorgeous!

    Haven't seen the series and haven't read the book either, so I'm waiting for your impressions. Enjoy your Friday, Lisa! I hope everyone will feel better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved everything about the Hollywood glamour era; the hair and especially the clothes. Beautiful editorial; and Breakfast at Tiffany's would have been perfect company to putting this post together :) I hope you have a lovely weekend Lisa! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you can actually feel the sense of glamour and drama coming through in this editorial. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, Breakfast at Tiffany's and this editorial?!Perfect match, Lisa! I wish I had so much time to spend indoor with movies and coffee! Do you see here some envy? Yes, you do :)))) Have a wonderful weekend!
    PS: That black and white photo, really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just gorgeous images! Crystal looks gorgeous and she totally reminds me Julianna Marguiles. Abd I love Breakfast at Tiffany's. I've seen it numerous times and I can watch it over and over again.

    Have a lovely weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vintage glam - so classic! Gorgeous hair and make-up.

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very beautiful editorial Lisa. Old Hollywood glamor often is a very well expressed theme. Hope everyone will be feeling better super soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous gowns Lisa. Crystal Renn fills them beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crystal Renn can do no wrong. I love her hair like this and the styling is spot on. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete