Thursday, 31 May 2012

interior design: the beirut home of elie saab


Today's post is inspired by an email I received yesterday that reminded me of this beautiful restored home in Beirut, belonging to fashion designer Elie Saab, who was born in Lebanon. I have kept these photos in my inspiration folder for a long time and I simply forgot to post them. The email that triggered this post concerned the floor lamps in Elie Saab's (pictured below) home in Paris, which some of you may remember.

The house is located in the Gemmayzeh district, which has many historical buildings from the Ottoman-era, that, surprisingly, somehow survived the civil war (1975-1990). The architect/interior designer was Chakib Richani, who also designed the Paris flat. All the floor lamps, sofas and tables in the living area are custom-made and designed by Richani, who also designed the Carrara marble table in the dining room.


There is so much to admire in this house. Symmetry is the first thing that comes to my mind, every single piece has a place and is arranged in a certain way. The high ceiling and the off-white look is something that impresses me. I find the Gothic arches in the living area incredibly beautiful and the Ottoman chandeliers as well. The master bedroom consists of two rooms; the first is a private sitting area. Richani also designed the garden furniture and I only wish there were more photos of the garden, which seems to look beautiful.


photo credit:
Marina Faust for Architectural Digest

9 comments:

  1. Stunning ;o) Have a nice day Lisa ;o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. A luxurious home, but in a very stylish way. It's beautiful to look at, but I wouldn't imagine myself living in there (if I had the money to buy such a house :) ) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It´s really stylish, so many details to love! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous place. Absolutely perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful home!

    http://currentlylovingblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning home from the man who designs such stunning gowns! The garden is absolutely stunning - would love to sit out there and enjoy a Pimms during summer. Its very grand and lush and those chandeliers are gorgeous - I'd be too scared to mess anything up if I visited! lol. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an incredible home! I can't stop looking at these photos. I've seen the one of the outdoor seating area before but I didn't know the source. Happy to now know.

    Love the high ceilings, the arches and those windows. Well I actually love everything about it but I just can't get over those details.

    Have a wonderful weekend, Lisa! xoxo

    ReplyDelete