Welcome to my first NOTES À LA MODE, a new series that will be replacing the Fashion Fridays on LatteLisa. With the arrival of summer and higher temperatures it is time to keep the computer mostly off at weekends, enjoy the garden and explore my new adopted country, and the neighbouring ones. I will not be posting anything during the weekends so I would like to use Fridays to post something different.
To start the new series I have chosen a few summery photos from a black and white editorial called 'Argentique' that appears in the June/July issue of L’Officiel Paris. It has that sporty Olympic element, which I think we will be seeing a lot of before all the fun starts in London later this year. Are you getting excited for the Olympics?
Brazilian model Barbara Fialho was photographed beautifully by Alexander Neumann and styled by Vanessa Bellugeon. In the editorial she is wearing pieces from the spring/summer collections of Calvin Klein, Hakaan and Jil Sander, just to name a few. You can view the rest of the photos by following the link at the bottom.
NOTES À LA MODE 01 LINKS
• Have you ever viewed the L'Officiel archives? You can see its covers from the year 1921 and some of its content as well. The latest covers only contain a little preview into the magazine but much of the older ones have plenty of pages to view
• Vogue US is also getting into the Olympics mood. They teamed up model Karlie Kloss with America's top male athletes in an editorial photographed by Annie Leibovitz for their June 2012 issue
• By now most of you who read LatteLisa should be familiar with the Icelandic slow fashion label ELLA by Elinros Lindal. Their look book has been updated with the summer 2012 collection and the colours are beautiful. Their muse for the collection was Sophia Loren and as can be expected the design is feminine and elegant. The new items look so pretty in their shop in Reykjavik (do the bottles in the photo look familiar?)
• Helen of The Style Schedule went to the Grace Kelly: Style Icon exhibition in the Bendigo Art Gallery and shared her experience with us (this Australian gallery has a wonderful website)
• Sarah of Haute Design was in a shopping mood and shared beautiful items from Les Composantes
• Inspired by putting together my last week's Fashion Friday post, and the last, as it turns out, I created a board on Pinterest called style. gentlemen. I think men's fashion deserves more attention on LatteLisa