Friday 24 August 2012

Do what makes you happy

Lexington Co. Spring 2012


I am checking out early today as we are driving our oldest daughter to the French Ardennes area, not really that far from here, where she will spend the weekend with the family of her best friend from Antwerp.

This weekend I plan to enjoy the comfort of my own home. The weather forecast says it will rain so I'm using the opportunity to clean the house and change the bedlinen after these amazing summer days we have been enjoying. Then I'm rearranging the books and magazines on my coffee tables - yes I have added another table - and I'll bring in roses from the garden to make the tables look extra pretty. Afterwards I will relax on my chaise lounge and read my books and September issues, perhaps adding red wine, grapes, and cheese to this equation. Sounds wonderful, doesn't it? That leads me to my weekend advice to you: just do what makes you happy.

photo credit:
A scan from the Lexington Company spring 2012 catalogue via EclecChic

8 comments:

  1. That sounds very good!

    I like your evening programm!!!

    ♥ Franka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great plan! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Þetta hljómar dásamlega. Ég meira að segja hætti að hárreita mig vegna 10 ára afmælisskipulags hjá þeirri elstu sem heldur upp á sitt á mánudaginn, og fór að brosa. Á morgun ætla ég bara að gera það sem mér finnst gaman. Góða helgi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds really relaxing, Lisa! I think the wine will be also a plan for me, a French red wine! Have a lovely weekend :*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a lovely weekend - and I hope your daughter enjoys herself! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds great. happy weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds perfect, Lisa! I am doing the same now, sitting with a glass of red wine, enjoying the simple comforts this evening, and catching up with favorite blogs that I have missed :)

    Hope you had a lovely weekend!

    x
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.