Monday 20 August 2012

interior design: colourful yet calm


This post has an introduction that is longer than the actual post. I had been keeping that second photo in my files, waiting for the right moment to post it. I fell for this living room instantly when I saw it in a gallery on Housetohome, how it was colourful without being over the top, both playful and calm. Then one day I was having my daily fun on Pinterest when I came across the first photo and immediately thought to myself: this one will be perfect in a post with that other photo in my files, it has that same wonderful play with colours and yet it is calm. The pin took me to the Designwali blog and I just bookmarked it without looking at the source. When I later did that, I discovered that these two photos are from the same home.

You can see the rest of the home by clicking the Livingetc link below. I am drawn to the floorboards and white walls and that beautiful natural light. The kitchen is a chic, all-white one with subway tiles and I think you can find a pop of yellow in almost every room.

How are you doing today? I'm a bit tired after a somewhat sleepless night because of heat. We have a powerful fan in our bedroom but it feels like it is blowing warm air in these high temperatures we're enjoying in Luxembourg. I hope your week is off to a good start!

photo credit: 
James Merrell for Livingetc
top photo via Designwali

7 comments:

  1. Great feeling for balance!

    ♥ Franka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the natural light and use of colour in these photos. And those books look lovely in the window. Enjoy the warm weather! We're expecting another heat wave (I lost count of them this summer) here, but this doesn't put me off enjoying what's left of summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this mix, I think one can get away wit colorful and fun combinations as long as the walls are pretty neutral. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This home is lovely! There's something really special about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really great home, Lisa. I love how the Internet can connect the dots like this sometimes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this home... it's so,... pretty! When I saw the first image the natural sunlight against the window covering stood out and that chair...the two images so perfect go together it makes sense they're one in the same home! Its Fate! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the colourful pops in the two rooms, that is something I would like to do in my house!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.