Wednesday 8 August 2012

notes à la mode 08


Today's theme is ad campaigns.

Kate Moss, who seems to get better with age, is the face of the Rag & Bone autumn/winter 2012 ad campaign and I think it's safe to say that she nails it. The campaign was photographed in London by Craig McDean.

The Dolce & Gabbana Baby ad campaign is simply too cute. Look at all these adorable babies and kids! Model Bianca Balti reminds me a bit of Angelina Jolie in these photos, but perhaps all these children have something to do with that (the male model is Enrique Palacios). I can only imagine the work creating a photo shoot with so many young ones, but photographer Giampaolo Sgura seems to have done a wonderful job.


NOTES À LA MODE 08 LINKS

  I am drawn to the photography and the simplicity of the Balmain autumn 2012 ad campaign. It was shot by David Sims and the artistic director was Franck Durand. I especially like the laid-back photo to the right
  I love the make-up and Tiera Dyck's freckles in this photo that appeared in the August issue of Elle China
 I have a little crush on this sci-fi editorial in the September issue of Flare, shot by Chris Nicholls. The background is stunning
  There is no link in this one: Soon the September issues will be upon us. Are you getting excited? Are there any particular magazines that you always buy? Vogue US is the issue I buy every year. Last year I bought Harper's Bazaar UK for the first time and loved it. I'm definitely buying that one again. I'm also buying Vogue Italia and I will very likely throw in a few others. I always find it a bit funny to hear people complain that the September issues are nothing but ads. What else do they expect? September is called the January in fashion, that's when readers get bombarded with campaign ads. Stay away from the September issues if you don't like ads!

photo credit:
1: Craig McDean for Rag & Bone via Vogue Italia
2-3: Giampaolo Sgura for Dolce & Gabbana via Fashion Gone Rogue
4: David Sims for Balmain via Fashion Gone Rogue

10 comments:

  1. Thanx for this lovely mix!

    ♥ Franka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate Moss looks fantastic in that ad. By the way, The Kate Moss Book is out, released in 8 different covers! I'm in love with the latest Dolce & Gabbana campaigns, all evoking the Italian way of life. I'm always buying the September issues of Vogue Italia, Vogue US, maybe Harper's Bazaar UK too and another Vogue edition-whichever appeals to me more, and Glamour Deutschland (they have some of the best trend supplements). Summer may be my favourite season, but autumn is my favourite fashion season and I'm already getting excited. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Kate seems to get better with age... Both campaigns are gorgeous.
    I'm in love with Balmain collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ad with the babies is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate does just get better and better with age, doesn't she? And I'm absolutely in love with the new Dolce & Gabbana ads. I totally agree that she resembles Angelina in those photos but it's true that the children might have something to do with it.

    So very excited about the September issues. It's my solace that I depend on each and every year to ease the pain of summer's end. Fall fashion is definitely something to look forward to. Definitely US Vogue but I love Italian & British Vogue as well. Who am I kidding, I actually love too many to list here :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa,

    Huge rag & bone fan and you are right about Kate Moss! Love the D & C baby ad. The photography and make up is wonderful. I need to look at this again when I get back from work..on my cell and can't see all the details .

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photo shoot with the babies must have been totally crazy! The pictures are so cute! The photographer did an amamzing job! Kate Moss is flawless. Definitely getting better with age. She's truly a fashion icon.

    Danielle xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kate Moss looks amazing in the Rag + Bone campaign - she is definitely getting better with age! I'm getting excited seeing all of the September issues come out, definitely the best month for magazines! I'm still waiting to see the Vogue US + Paris covers but quite a few are out already xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore those Dolce ads... the series with Bianca Balti is really stunning each campaign (I'll be posting about it in this weeks' In The Schedule too!). And hello male model! Kate Moss - what can you say - she's pretty cool! Absolutely can't wait for the September mags... US Harpers and Italian Vogue are my picks every time. OH and I do like the look of those embellished Balmain pants in that pic - very cool. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rag and Bone has some of the best ads and I always enjoy looking at Dolce & Gabbana ads for the hair and makeup! p.s. Bianca does look quite like Angelina in the second picture!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.