Wednesday 15 August 2012

notes à la mode 09


I know that many of the September issues are already or soon will be on display in shelves in almost every corner of the globe, but I am not quite done with the August issue of Vogue Germany.

There was another editorial that caught my attention, this time for its sheer beauty and black and white photography. It is called 'Glory Days' and features model Toni Garrn, photographed by Alexi Lubomirski around and inside the Grand Central Station in New York City (she was also on the cover of the issue). Other people that deserve a praise for pulling this together are editor in chief Christiane Arp, Ben Skervin for hair and Tyron Machhausen for make-up. The editorial contains seven other photos but in this post I only included the ones taken on the streets or inside the Central Station.


Garrn is wearing AW12-13 collections by:
1: Stella McCartney, 2: Jil Sander, 3: Dior, 4: Emilio Pucci, 5: Ralph Lauren, 6: Chanel, 7: Marchesa

photo credit:
Alexi Lubomirski for Vogue Germany, August 2012 via Tom + Lorenzo

11 comments:

  1. I must make a note to remember to pick up a copy of German Vogue! I am yet to see an editorial from them that hasn’t captivated me! This one is particular had me sighing out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's decided - I need a large, see-through umbrella. It's the only thing standing between my looking exactly like that model.

    Ahem. Or not. I'd also need those cheek bones, lithe figure, and designer clothing. Oh well!

    It's a truly beautiful editorial. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This editorial went straight to my heart, Lisa. I've always been fascinated by the travel theme (especially railway) in fashion editorials (and a drop of NY doesn't hurt either) and the black and white photos make me enjoy it even more. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also thought it was absolutely gorgeous, especially the black&white images you chose. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gorgeous gorgeous. I can't stop staring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous black and white photography...always my favourite...the first photo especially to me evokes such glamour of yesterday...thank you for sharing Lisa.
    Catherine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the August issue of Vogue Germany too - did you see the cover? It was perfection. This is a stunning shoot with such refined elegance and glamour; plus I always love black and white editorials xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's really such a gorgeous editorial. I work a few blocks from Grand Central and often take a walk on over to admire the architecture and fantasize about being there generations earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This editorial is amazing! I really love how the spirit of nostalgia is captured. And of course the NYC setting is great too ;-)

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  10. The backdrop is stunning! I love that first image. And that Pucci dress is so beautiful and feminine... I've never had the pleasure of Vogue Germany.. and must rectify that this month! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of the most beautiful editorials I've seen and I honestly don't think they could have picked a better model - she is the perfect embodiment of the entire concept!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.