Thursday 27 September 2012

lost highway by peter lindbergh


Finally an editorial in a fashion magazine that speaks to me! I enjoy fashion but I also love a good story and here is one. It is called 'Lost Highway' and features model Kati Nescher and actor Garrett Hedlund, photographed by Peter Lindbergh for the October 2012 issue of Vogue US. Fashion editor Tonne Goodman and menswear editor Michael Philouze created this and their inspiration was of course the film On the Road (2012). Hedlund plays the character of Dean Moriarty in the in the film. Here's the trailer.

Jack Kerouac's book, On the Road, has been on my reading list for only God knows how long. I actually borrowed it at the library when we lived in Antwerp and started reading it, but I couldn't renew it as someone had reserved it. Now it's time to do something about that and finish it before seeing the film.


photo credit:
Peter Lindbergh for Vogue US, October 2012 | Kati Nescher + Garrett Hedlund in 'Lost Highway' styled by Tonne Goodman via Fashion Gone Rogue

12 comments:

  1. I like this editorial very much too Lisa
    A good story can be told in so many ways

    Enjoy your day : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read On The Road in years and the book is sitting in a bookcase in the spare room as we speak... must rectify that before the movie comes out. I love that third image- just sitting in the tall grass in the middle of nowhere...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A truly beautiful editorial, Lisa! I love the laid back style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peter Lindbergh is simply the BEST...thanks for sharing Lisa.
    Catherine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was admiring this editorial myself the other day in Vogue US. I first read Kerouac's book in Romanian, then my brother bought it in English and I read it again. :) I always try to read the book before I see the movie inspired by it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely fashion - wonderful images!

    ♥ Franka

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I adore it! And the most amazing thing: they made an old station wagon look cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it, Lisa. A great mix of close up and wide angled shots - packed with atmosphere and brooding undertones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful editorial. The first two pictures are my favorites, just the simplicity and the 'everyday-ness' vibe :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am also for the book before the movie, Lisa! I did not read this one, but I will put in on my list. About the editorials, first of all, I like best those that imply more than just one person/model and second, I think that saying a story with the clothes is more interesting than just seeing a model wearing different designers outfits. I wish I could see more editorial like this one. My favorite picture that looks so natural is the one with the fence;).
    PS: About Meryl, I saw "Out of Africa", is one of my favorite with her and another passion of mine, Robert Redfort, but I have to catch out a lot, so on my list this weekend was "Kramer vs. Kramer", "Manhattan"(even though in this last one Woody and Diane Keaton have the major role, I just love the movies directed by Woody) and "Bridges of Madison County", but now I have to add "One True Thing", Lisa :*

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's a beautiful editorial. but it's Lindbergh after all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I recently saw a documentary with Peter and was completely wowed by him. We can all say that photography is art but I think so few photographers are artists. Listening to the way he spoke and saw his subjects was a refreshing look through the eye of a true artist.

    There is something underwhelming about this editorial, and whilst that's rarely used as a positive, in this case, I think it is. It works because the fashion takes a back seat and the viewer is drawn into a story about more than clothes. I like it. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.