Monday, 24 September 2012

my corners III


This old stone barn is what greets us when we drive into our town. I don't know anything about its history; I have no idea when it was built, but it belongs to a small horse farm. Sometimes they walk the horses on the bicycle route next to our garden and as soon as I start hearing a horse's walk in the distance, it has some kind of soothing effect. Then the horse appears from behind the trees and I find myself gazing at it in awe until it disappears again.


How was your weekend? As I said in my Saturday post, we went into the city to go to the library. As I'm still reading the books I borrowed the last time we went, I got two films and watched them this weekend: Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008) by Woody Allen and Out of Africa (1985) by Sydney Pollack. I hadn't seen the former and absolutely loved it. It's been awhile since I watched the latter. The African scenery took my breath away and I had almost forgotten how good Meryl Streep and Robert Redford play their roles. In the city we also walked around and enjoyed refreshment outdoors while people watching. The city was full of life but the pace of people was unhurried; there was no stress. It was a beautiful autumn day.

photo credit:
Lisa Hjalt

9 comments:

  1. It looks lovely and the cute flowers are perfect for surroundings! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely corner in this special autumn mood!

    ♥ Franka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures, Lisa, as always ;) And I love how you change the color of your blog each season, so I think it is time for a change on my blog, too! :*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your corner of the world, Lisa. It's beautiful and it looks so peaceful. I'm glad to hear you liked 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona' and 'Out of Africa' is one of my favourite films ever. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Þarf að athuga þessar myndir. Finnst ég aldrei hafa tíma að horfa á neitt með 3 börn á heimilinu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. vicky christina barcelona is a beautiful movie, haven't seen out of africa in ages. they are both great.

    your neighbourhood looks amazing. lucky you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for letting us explore your part of the world for a few moments, Lisa. I've had a manic day trying to catch up on work after a week out of the office for London Design Festival. P.S. I love the yellow you've used in the blog refresh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa your home is in a lovely part of the world, it looks so serene and beautiful.
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so lovely over there Lisa! I also loved Vicky Christina Barcelona, it's one of my faves xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam and deleted.