Wednesday, 21 November 2012

notes à la mode 22


Model Tori Garrn graces the cover of Vogue Germany in December wearing a pink Alexander McQueen dress from the autumn collection (you can spot it in my yesterday's post). I was drawn to this editorial in the issue called 'So fern, so nah' (in English: 'So far, so close'), which features Asian labels mixed with Western, and is a beautiful combination of colour and black & white photography by Alexi Lubomirski. The stylist was the magazine's editor in chief, Christiane Arp, and the make-up artist, Tyron Machhausen, deserves to be mentioned. The photos you see in this post are only part of the editorial. (For more see link under photo credit.)

As I just bought the issue, I cannot really tell you much about it. I usually find the cultural section of Vogue Germany interesting and there I spot a short article about Anna Karenina starring Keira Knightly, a film I would like to see. There is an article about Laos in the travel section so the December issue obviously has a little Eastern vibe going on, blended with the Christmas spirit.


NOTES À LA MODE 22 LINKS

  Last week in Notes à la mode 21 I included a video of the beautiful Dior Christmas windows at Printemps in Paris. Shini of Park & Cube paid a visit to the decorated department store and shared photos on her blog (preview to the right). She even spotted Marion Cotillard
  Grace Coddington's autobiography has finally been published! It'll be my Christmas reading
  The other day I was in a magazine shop leafing through the latest issues. Kate Moss is on the cover of Vanity Fair and you can read the interview with her on their website
  Speaking of Kate Moss, I love her look on the latest cover of Vogue Spain, photographed by Mario Testino

photo credit:
1-8: Alexi Lubomirski for Vogue Germany, December 2012 | Toni Garrn in 'So fern, so nah' styled by Christiane Arp / 9: Shini of Park & Cube

12 comments:

  1. I love getting completely absorbed by your notes a la mode before I leave for work! Got my coffee at the ready! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this editorial so much! Wanted to post it here and now, but decided to keep until December time. I'm very curious about the latest Anna Karenina movie. I saw the trailer, but am still unsure about the concept an when I watched Keira's interview behind the scenes I didn't like her view on Imperial Russia and how she imagined people living there. Don't think she grasped the very essence of Russian history that well. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting. I find Vogue Germany lacking in pretty much every aspect, compared to most other Vogue editions. this editorial is beautiful, though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that editorial too and was saving it for later. :) It's usually the cultural section I enjoy in Vogue Germany too, but if I think twice, I like to read the entire magazine to exercise my German. I wish I could buy it more often, but they don't bring it here. I want Grace's book as a Christmas gift too and consider that Kate Moss photo repinned. :) I have to say that I'm a little reluctant about Keira Knightley's film. I still have to watch Aleksandr Zarkhi's film from 1967. It is said to be the best adaptation of Tolstoy's book. I'll read the Kate Moss interview later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait to see Anna Karenina! There is a premiere in Brussels on 27/11, but I have a work dinner...so sad! I'm also looking forward to Grace Coddington's memoir: yesterday I joined the Vogue chat on Twitter and she seems to have a great (dry) sense of humor! As for the Vanity Fair with Kate Moss, I enjoyed the interview, but didn't like the nudity of the editorial...maybe it was a metaphor of the fact that she was revealing (very few) things about herself, but I prefer when she wears clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is absolutely breathtaking! i have started and stopped reading anna karenina so many times. i am on the fence about knightly but i have loved her work in other period pieces so hopefully she pulls it off here too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exquisitely beautiful photographs Lisa...thank you for sharing Vogue Germany.
    My daughter and I are going to see Anna Karenina next week...can't wait ;-)
    Catherine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the black and white images - so simple and striking. I would like Grace's memoir on my book list too (fingers crossed). Thanks for sharing Shini's photos from her visit to Printemps- they are magical! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous shoot, so much going on and the Asian influence in the makeup and fashion pulls it all together amazing styling. Carla x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa, this editorial is so beautiful! And that Christmas window of Dior Printemps in Paris, just heaven :*

    ReplyDelete