Saturday 10 November 2012

rainy day in paris


I am sitting in my living room enjoying a cup of coffee and dark chocolate. It's a cloudy and wet day in my corner of the world but I like the idea of the rain cleaning my windows. I can see that one of my neighbours, probably an optimist, started fixing his roof this morning but I believe he just declared himself defeated by the rain.

Speaking of the rain, I was going through my Paris photos and decided to share with you a few rainy looking ones. I think Paris is one of those cities that are just as lovely in the rain. When I took the last photo, of the Louvre pyramid, there was a downpour but the passages by the Palais Royal garden provided shelter.


photo credit:
Lisa Hjalt

Paris, 17 October 2012 - 1: taken from Square Louise Michel (below the Sacré Coeur) / 2 + 4: Tuileries garden / 3: Palais Royal garden; the black & white striped columns designed by Daniel Buren / 5: Louvre pyramid

11 comments:

  1. Lisa, thank you for this Saturday morning fix. I looked at your pics during brunch and drifted away...well, to Paris bien sûr! Bon week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics! I really need to go to Paris soon. Only been once since I lived there for 6 months back in 1994...

    Just found your blog, as recommended by lovely Milla, and looking forward to more delights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love rainy days! There is a special mood and I slow down!

    Paris is always wonderful!

    ♥ Franka

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely agree with you about rainy Paris - it makes it even more beautiful and romantic. :)
    It's raining here, too, today, so am about to make myself a hot drink and grab a blanket.

    Have a wonderful weekend, Lisa!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the first pic! Paris when it rains is soooo romantic... thanks for transporting me:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa! Wonderful photos! Yes, Paris in the rain has a unique charm and so often the rain will be over quickly and the sun and beautiful clouds will appear. And, living in Seattle, of course I have an appreciation for rain. :)

    - g

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos.....I miss Paris and want to go again, on seeing these shots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, thank you :) and happy sunday xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Only Paris could look that beautiful on a rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pics, rainy or not!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I agree. Paris is just as lovely in the rain.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.