Wednesday, 9 January 2013

interior design: french home & studio


It was my intention to share that top-left photo in my charming spaces post next Friday but it doesn't happen often that I come across house tours in interior magazines where almost all the photos appeal to me. A woman called Claire Peretti is the owner of this house, where she also keeps her studio. Its location is a small town south-east of Paris called Saint-Maur-des-Fossés. It was featured in the November/December 2012 issue of Maison Magazine.

As I said, first it was that top-left photo that lured me in. The white space looks somehow clean and pure with all that wood and the pink peonies. I also found it interesting that she had turned an old roof window into a mirror. By the way, the carved chest and other carved furniture in the home office were imported from Morocco.

When I was viewing the rest of the photos I was drawn to the wood throughout the house and I simply found this house so welcoming and charming. Let me add that I couldn't get enough of the grey colour of the sofa.


photo credit:
Pierre-Jean Verger for Maison Magazine

6 comments:

  1. Yes, I would have seen that top left photo in one of your charming spaces posts. It's my favourite one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that photo with a window that looks like a mirror is just beautiful... I kept looking at it thinking about beautiful reflection and how it looks like a painting... And then read that it was a window. Absolutely fantastic! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspiring home! I love the vintage elements and tactile surfaces. It definitely has a French vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to have an interior window, just like the one above, in my home one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally charming. I love how the space is so clean and cozy at the same time.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautifully charming home, I love the industrial decor and quirky pieces, the studio is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam and deleted.