Wednesday, 30 January 2013

notes à la mode 28


Yesterday I thought about leaving the blog empty today or posting a drawing with light post because the flu still hasn't left the building (our son got worse on Monday and I am trying to remember when I last went out of the house!). The last thing on my mind was digging up anything fashion related in my files or spending time online to find new material. Then A came home and at the store he had bought for me a copy of the February issue of British Vogue. I only browsed through it quickly and I liked seeing model Kati Nescher on the cover, although I found some of the photographs of her inside the magazine more appealing than the cover photo.

Earlier today I decided to turn my kitchen into a café so I made latte and had biscotti and started reading my new magazine (let's call it survival technique). After viewing the Kati Nescher editorial better I saw no reason not to share some of the photos (that navy Valentino trench coat - love it). It is called 'The New Modern' and was photographed by Patrick Demarchelier and styled by Lucinda Chambers. It starts with the words "Fashion is in a new mood - modern and minimal, yes, but devoutly feminine, grown-up, and oh so seductive."

Do you agree?


NOTES À LA MODE 28 LINKS

  I haven't leafed through the February issue of Vogue Germany yet, but I like this photo by Sebastian Kim. Model Franzi Mueller is the star of the editorial 'Fernbeziehung' that was styled by Katie Mossman. Here she is wearing a kimono by Kimono Suehiro and a Gareth Pugh bolero. The headdress is by milliner Ashley Lloyd
  For those interested in headdresses, Ashley Lloyd has a website where she shares her work
  Last week I talked a little about how uninspired I felt by the Paris haute couture week. I missed seeing something dramatic and theatrical on the runway. For me Elie Saab and Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli for Valentino stood out. I enjoyed viewing the Valentino details. I have pinned some favourites on my haute couture board
  Garance Doré's Pardon My French interview with Stella McCartney left me inspired. With all respect for Garance it was nice to finally see something on her blog that actually interested me, as I haven't really been feeling her blog lately
  There is no link with this one but I have to end this on a funny note. As I was creating this post our son was wearing a red blazer that belongs to his oldest sister and was playing the guitar ... and coughing. Who says you have to let the flu stop you from being fashionable and having fun?

photo credit:
1: Patrick Demarchelier for Vogue UK, February 2013 | Kati Nescher in 'The New Modern' styled by Lucinda Chambers / 2-5: ibid. via Fashnberry / 6: Sebastian Kim for Vogue Germany via Fashion Gone Rogue

9 comments:

  1. That British Vogue editorial is one I like. And I do agree with the quote. I have to take a look at those Valentino Couture details. You know that I've felt very uninspired by Garance's blog lately, there's so much going on there that it has kind of lost its personal touch.

    Sorry to hear that you and your son are still not well, but at least you're having fun it appears. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i am sorry you are all still suffering from the flu! these images are really wonderful. they almost have a cat woman vibe to me, and very retro/modern. it's all perfect with the clean white background. hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sorry to hear you have been ill. I hope you are fully recovered very soon and that you have some nice weather to enjoy. Interestingly, I also stopped reading Garance's blog awhile ago. Such a shame, it used to be delightful.

    Sending best wishes from Seattle!

    G

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you are still suffering from the flu. Sadly I am too. I will work for a day and then feel sick the next, it's been on-going. So sweet A brought you that magazine, I am struck most (aside from the gorgeous navy against alabaster skin) by the lovely makeup and will be pondering how to recreate those pale pale pink lips...ha! Love that your son is feeling stylish despite the flu. No doubt he will have great taste as he gets older!
    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful pics. even though I don't see anything new in them. I hope you and your family is feeling better soon xxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also liked that British Vogue editorial, and it was actually the cover that initially caught my eye. The light in those photos is so soft and powdery, and the model is just so perfectly beautiful. I've just read she only started modelling at 27, maybe that explains the calm confidence.

    Your son has a great attitude; wish you all to be a healthy household very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word, that trenchcoat needs to be mine (in an alternate universe, where I am filthy rich, it already is!). Beautiful post, Lisa!

    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the sickness leaves your house, tout de suite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Garance's interview with Stella McCartney - it made me love them both more than I already do. Stella comes across completely down to earth and reaffirmed that she really is an extremely talented woman xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adore anything Patrick this is a fab shoot love it he is one of my inspirations! am off to view Garance and Stella's interview xxCarla

    ReplyDelete