Tuesday 19 February 2013

brighter shade than pale 09



Hello again. Life is back to normal with the kids back to school. We were all in the mood for a longer break. I almost managed to do absolutely nothing, almost. One of the most enjoyable doing-nothings was watching the first two seasons of Downton Abbey. I hadn't seen a single episode in full-length and found myself really enjoying them. How fabulous is Maggie Smith's character? She's priceless, almost cracks me up every time she appears on the screen.

February is finally greeting us with some sun after what seems like endless grey days. I'm so in the mood for this cold to go away. Yesterday I spotted my bicycle downstairs and felt the longing to ride it again. That would surely put a spring in my "step".

photo credit:
1: Confinedlight (Caffé Della Pace, Rome) via Pinterest / 2: Mario Testino for Vogue Paris, Feb. 2007 | Maryna Linchuk in 'Protocole d'élégance' styled by Emmanuelle Alt / 3: Erin Alderson of Naturally Ella / 4: Alexander Wagner for Sportswear International Magazine, Nov/Dec 2011 | Charlie France + Aiden Andrews in 'Tweed Run' styled by John Tan

9 comments:

  1. gorgeous post Lisa! Yes, Maggie totally cracks me up...I watched last night and was laughing at a couple of her lines that were priceless.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the kind of post I needed to brighten up my day. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photographs! I'm also a huge Downton Abbey fan. It's about the only thing I watch on TV these days. x Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you loved Downton Abbey Lisa...Maggie Smith is fabulous isn't she? My daughter and I adore it ;-)
    We're getting a little sun too here in London...I may get my bike out too ;-)
    Catherine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photographs Lisa, love the cafe and cyclists, their outfits are adorable.
    I am glad you had a restful break, we are looking forward to some cooler weather here as Autumn approaches:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favourite show on tv is Downton Abbey - I was watching it on Sunday night and Maggie Smith's lines were fabulous! She's awesome and always will be. And next to Shirley MacLaine... I don't want to ruin the plot yet. I think were on season 3? Good to have you back and glad you enjoyed your break! Nothing like a week to do whatever you like:) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had a good break, Lisa. It is always a nice thing to take a break from busy life, even if only for a few days.

    I've been trying to NOT begin watching Downtown Abbey, as everyone is talking about it and with school and wedding planning I can't afford another distraction; but, I think I may have no choice now but to succumb :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doing nothing really does take some concentration. :) So happy you had a good break, Lisa Spring is almost upon us!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all such dreamy shots Lisa, and I do love those bicycles. Glad you enjoyed your break and settling back into your routine xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.