Friday 1 March 2013

Space: muted tones in Montecito, California




Welcome to a new month! I'm not exactly sure where January and February went but I'm not complaining that we are approaching the spring season. Today's charming space is all about muted tones and texture. It is in Montecito, California - I think it's the family room - and belongs to designer Kendall Conrad and her family. The window and rug caught my attention right away, but I also like the vintage African textile cushions. I love how warm and cosy this space feels. (Here's another angle, of the fireplace.) The rest of the house is just as beautiful, please follow the link below if you want to take a look.

I'm checking out one day earlier this week because tomorrow we are celebrating our oldest daughter's birthday - I'm becoming a mother of a teenager. I'm looking forward to spoiling her with her favourite cake and see the look on her face when she opens her present.

Have a beautiful and relaxing weekend!

photo credit:
David Cameron for C Magazine

7 comments:

  1. Such wonderful colours.
    And the sunbeams ...

    ♥ Franka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a very happy birthday celebration with your 'new teenager'...many wonderful wishes to you both!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rug and cushions are beautiful. Have a wonderful celebration tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a welcoming room - I love the colour and texture of the cushions and rug. Happy Birthday to your teenage daughter.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy {early} birthday to your daughter, Lisa! I hope you have a lovely celebration and weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo- hope the birthday celebration goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your daughter has a fantastic birthday to welcome her teenage years!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.