Monday 25 March 2013

interior design: a home in the Pimlico area in London



Photos of interior designer Rose Uniacke's London home that recently appeared in T Magazine have been roaming around the internet. In my latest December/January copy of French Architectural Digest I found a short article about her home with these images (only one is missing on their website, of Uniacke herself). I hadn't seen a photo of the roof terrace before - love the olive trees - so I had to share the house tour. After all, this is a beautiful home and I never get tired of viewing photos of it. It was of course Uniacke herself that designed her own home, but she collaborated with the Belgian architect and designer Vincent Van Duysen and it took them more than three years to complete the work.


photo credit:
Tom Mannion for French Architectural Digest N°113, December 2012/January 2013

8 comments:

  1. this has to be the most stunning home I have seen in a long time. thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I find myself enlarging these images on my screen repeatedly, studying every detail. Van Duysen's Belgian influence is definitely a strong presence, which I love!!
    Is that a Palm tree in the courtyard?....amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The roof terrace is charming. What an elegant home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose definitely has one of my favorite homes of all time... it's like she doesn't put anything in her house unless she is going to keep it for a very long time, which resonates with how I decorate my space as well... and that orangery? Absolutely incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh good lord - this is wonderful! I´d love to be there, for a moment at least. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. Every space is amazing. But I love the kitchen best!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.