Tuesday 30 April 2013

a home and an atelier in the french countryside

Yesterday I took you downstairs to A's humble workshop in the garage and showed you some of his working tools. Today we are somewhere in the French countryside where an artist once turned part of his home into an atelier.

Unfortunately, I have no idea where in France this house is located, who designed it or who owns it. I am guessing that at some point, x many years ago, the house was for sale and images from the real estate agency started circling the web. I at least have not been able to trace them to any magazine or designer.

Wherever this house is, I do think it's lovely. It has that rustic element that I always fall for, plenty of natural light, and a conservatory that I wish I could call my own.



photo credit:
via Interiors

10 comments:

  1. It is funny because I am just reading Peter Mayle's book, A Year in Provence, that tells the story of an English couple moving to Provence and trying to redesign part of the house they bought, of course with the help of a French architect and French construction workers. It is funny,from the Englishman point of view, how the workers are described, very hard working and with great experience, but a total lack of punctuality; they could disappear for weeks and live Mr. Mayle with the kitchen unfinished. I would love to have such a countryside house, Lisa :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I can only imagine the frustration ... the French probably call it a long lunch ;-)

      Delete
  2. Just perfect...a rustic charm...I could live there ;-)
    Have a lovely day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a fantastic place! it has the right charme to stay and live * all the best julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely the home of a creative mind! Love that it sort of blends with the nature...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's absolutely wonderful! And it looks all the more appealing on this hot April day (almost 30 degrees again).

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness, lisa, this is just gorgeous! i love every single inch of that space. the door, the gardens, the beams and floors! beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE every detail!

    ... a little bit magic ...

    ♥ Franka

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, I want to live there! A perfect peaceful retreat for creative living, wonderfully inspiring:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.