Wednesday 24 April 2013

a moment in my garden

Today I had one of those moments that I have never been able to explain with words, but I can try.

It's a moment where it feels as if time stops for just a second, as if the mind is at a complete standstill, and there is no sense of this 'I' that so often is in our way. It's peaceful and you become one with the surroundings. It's a moment that transforms you but only in a very subtle way. Forcing it is useless; it happens when you least expect it and, to me, that is the beauty of it. It's impossible to hold on to it because as soon as that thought enters your mind the moment is gone.

I'm not trying to sound like Buddha on the Mountain here; I think every human being experiences moments like those. The wonderful thing about this particular one is that I had my camera in my hands and I was in my own garden. I was admiring the arrival of spring.

It almost feels as if I managed to capture the moment on film.

It was Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC) who said or wrote: "If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." I believe I now get what he meant.

He must have experienced one of those moments.

photo credit:
Lisa Hjalt

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! To be able to feel spring is a wonderful feeling! I wish I had a garden and a library! I need to work on that!

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chloe, I do hope you will have your garden one day! And library too ;-)

      Delete
  2. I like your description of your timeless moment.

    ♥ Franka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a precious moment you can save inside for a long time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful images & thoughts, Lisa! The most precious moments are those of simple beauty in the mundane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ♥ Mjög fallegar myndir ♥ - Very beautiful pictures... O.M.G nice to see such a beautiful flowers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Lisa:) I am so happy spring finally came to visit and gave you such a special moment.
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those moments... and how beautifully captured in photos too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.