Friday 5 April 2013

Space: a white room with a view in Santorini



I had something else in mind for today's charming spaces but as I was drinking my morning latte, I opened Pinterest and found this peaceful Santorini/Aegean Sea view. I followed the link and found the white space above, belonging to Aenaon Villas in Santorini, and there was no turning back. Just imagine taking your morning coffee sitting on that sofa enjoying the view ... sigh!

It feels like my mind has spent considerable time on Greek islands this week - the beauty of daydreaming. I probably should warn you before you open that Yatzer link below. If you are longing for sea and sun the images from Aenaon Villas will probably ruin your day. Or, as in my case, bring your daydreams to the next level.

Here is part of the description accompanying the photos:
The secluded housing complex which makes up the ‘Aenaon Villas’ consists of seven luxurious white washed cube shaped villas built next to and on top of one another. Situated at the highest and narrowest part of Santorini, they almost balance on the very edge of the world famous Caldera between the settlements of Imerovigli and Oia. All of them are open from East to West offering breathtakingly unobstructed views of the endless blue Aegean Sea, the volcano and the most unique sunset in the world. Each villa is built in complete harmony with the region’s natural environment and follows the values of traditional Cycladic architecture whilst artfully displaying the owners’ love and devotion to elegant simplicity in every detail in the luxe white-on-white interiors.
Sounds nice, doesn't it?

photo credit:
Aenaon Villas via Yatzer / discovered via Dustjacket Attic/Pinterest

5 comments:

  1. I need a dose of this.... So far the only white stuff I can see around is the snow...
    Have a wonderful weekend, Lisa! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s so beautiful it made me weak at the knees! Santorini is such a magical place, and since I got engaged in Oia overlooking the Caldera, it will always hold a special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't think of anything more pleasant right now. And I was just having coffee (tea in my case) with a friend talking about her plans to go to one of the Greek islands, Zakythos, this Easter (the Orthodox Easter, which is not until the 5th of May! this year). I think I'll put Greece on my list for this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. as an every day space i would need COLOUR. but as a haven to breathe and unwind and just BE... perfect.

    http://www.bohemiantwilight.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.