Tuesday 23 April 2013

k&a: rice with indian spices

All that Julia Child talk yesterday made me realise that it was time for another recipe on the food blog, so I just posted one of my side dishes on kitchen & aroma: rice with Indian spices. Not exactly a Julia Child recipe!

As I said yesterday, she and I couldn't be more different when it comes to cooking and I somehow doubt you would find anything similar in her cookbooks. Or what do I know, I don't have any of them. I do, however, have her famous beef bourguignon recipe in my files and I would like to try it one day. Have you prepared it or tasted it?

photo credit:
Lisa Hjalt

5 comments:

  1. Nope I haven´t, but I´m sure it´s delicious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the beef once, a few years ago, back in my meat eating days. :) Just wanted to experience all the cooking.
    But frankly, when it comes to food, I like it simple - just like this rice. Easy to prep and full of flavour. And I really love raw foods, too, so there will be practically no cooking as soon as the weather gets hot. :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rice with anything I just devour! I don't have any Julia Child's recipes... hmm must be something I could add into my ever growing library of recipe books? But the best Beef Bourguignon was by far one that my cousin made when I last visited France! mmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, you made me watch a 28 minutes movie on youtube with Julia Child and her famous Beef Bourguignon recipe. Fist, how can she be so thin after so much butter, really? Second, this recipe takes 3 or 4 hours to cook, have to take a day off from the office and third, I think my Dutch teacher cooked a similar recipe for us on a Sunday afternoon, have to ask her next time I see her. I like trying all kind of interesting new recipe, I like combining tastes and most of all, I like cooking sweets. I think one day I will make a Beef Bourguignon, maybe this Easter (we are celebrating Easter next week). Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was waiting for this recipe. I'm sure I'm going to love it. I'm with Natalia, when it comes to food, I like it simple.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.