Friday 17 May 2013

Space: a delightful reading nook




I wish I could tell you more about this space and who designed it but I seem to have lost the link to the El Mueble feature. I know I found the photo on their website ages ago. I cannot remember if the article was about a flat somewhere in Spain or if it was just one of those features where they introduce new collections of home accessories. Whatever it was I think this is a delightful reading nook. The neutral colour palette works well here; I think it gives the space a sense of tranquillity. As you probably know already, I'm all for natural light, which this room has plenty of, and I find the ceiling and balcony doors simply gorgeous.

Today I'm trying to do the best I can to keep myself inspired and motivated but the weather is not helping. It seems to be pouring down rain every single day. I'm afraid our garden will soon turn into a jungle - a jungle of weed. Not pretty at all!

The good news is that ahead is a four-day weekend for school children in Luxembourg and apart from the occasional pinning with my coffee I'm setting the laptop aside. I have promised my son a Lord of the Rings marathon, starting with The Hobbit, and plenty of popcorn. What else is there to do in the rain?

I will be back on Wednesday. Have a wonderful weekend dear readers and blog friends!

photo credit:
El Mueble

6 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful few days with your children Lisa, even if it is raining, do some fun craft projects or bake together:)
    This room looks beautiful, I love the colour palette.
    Send some rain our way we need it!
    Wendy xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reading nook is just perfect, Lisa! Movies and popcorn, there's no better recipe for rainy days. Enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightfully cosy and that natural light is just marvelous! Happy weekend, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This space is delightful! I could get lost in that cozy chaise and natural light. Love it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful corner, I want one just like it! I hope you both enjoy the marathon and have some popcorn for me--sounds perfect for the rain. Here it's beautiful with sunshine and a perfect cool breeze and I sadly must stay inside and work on...my website. So maybe I will have to watch a movie later too!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. that linen chaise is amazing. yes, i could spend hours there reading - though i think the windows and balcony area might distract me and i would find myself staring out that window at least half the time (happily, of course!)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.