Wednesday 15 May 2013

K&A: rice with Indian spices and sultanas

It was only recently that I shared a simple rice recipe with Indian spices and here is another one very similar that I posted earlier this morning on kitchen & aroma: rice with Indian spices and sultanas. This one contains slightly different spices and then there are the sultanas or golden raisins that add a little sweet taste. Sometimes when I'm not particularly hungry I have a bowl of rice with Indian spices for lunch and raw or stir-fried vegetables on the side. It's simple and yet it leaves me energised.

Enjoy your day!

photo credit:
Lisa Hjalt

4 comments:

  1. This is on my to-do-list, hopefully this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious and I love the mix of flavours and a tiny sweet kick from the raisins. Just remember to add a little protein to balance the blood sugar a bit better - say, a sprinkle of seeds or flaked almonds. :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please note that this is marked as a side dish on the food blog, not as a main course

      Delete
  3. perfect timing - I've just been wondering what to cook tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.