Saturday 4 May 2013

Paris: a walk in Le Marais

Paris: a walk in Le Marais · Lisa Hjalt


Yes, I still have some photos from Paris in my files. These were snapped in the 3ème arrondissement, commonly known as Le Marais, while walking from Place des Vosges to the Merci concept store. If I remember correctly I was mostly looking up, admiring the architecture and all the pretty flowers on the balconies, while breathing in the autumn air. It was a beautiful and sunny October day.

Why Paris today? I'm planning a day trip to Paris, or not exactly planning because I'm going to be spontaneous and jump on a train when it suits me. I hope I make it soon. I want to go back to Merci to buy a few things - mainly kitchenware - and I would like to explore Le Marais a little better, or the haut Marais. I'm particularly interested in Rue Charlot and its surroundings. There is a shop at No. 35 called Première Pression Provence that sells an array of olive oils from Provence and various olive oil based products. I need to go there.
Paris: a walk in Le Marais · Lisa Hjalt
Paris: a walk in Le Marais · Lisa Hjalt
Paris: a walk in Le Marais · Lisa Hjalt


Have a wonderful weekend!

photo credit:
Lisa Hjalt
- photos taken in October 2012

6 comments:

  1. My sweet husband is talking me to Paris for my birthday later this year so I am gathering up all the info on places to visit while we are there (only for 5 days). I would love to know what you would do if you had only a few days there? x Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lisa, these photos just commandeered my attention immediately! I love the black and white ones, especially. A walk in the Marais is a wonderful activity and lucky you to be able to jump on a quick train to Paris! I hope you go soon and have a fabulous photo and shopping trip. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are planning a spontaneous trip to Paris--the best way to go sometimes, afterall it's how I finally met you :) It sounds like it will be wonderful!

    p.s. Zandra does lots of trunk shows for her private clients around the world. I bet if you emailed the website someone could let you know about her pieces. She's in San Diego through at least May 15 for another trunk show.

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photographs Lisa, Paris is so beautiful.
    You are so lucky to live close by and visit whenever you like.
    Have a wonderful Sunday with your family.
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty photos! Would love to visit Paris one day.. maybe even live there!

    http://currentlylovingblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful. I'm leaving for Paris on Tuesday so these pics come at the perfect time :) thanks xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.