Tuesday 25 June 2013

notes à la mode 35

I am not quite done with Africa. In a discussion with my friend this weekend, the one I mentioned yesterday, who has travelled all over East Africa, I was saying that my ideas about Africa, my daydreams, were mainly based on a safari fantasy presented in ad campaigns by brands such as Louis Vuitton and Ralph Lauren. She answered that it was perfectly fine; their trips were probably somewhere between a Louis Vuitton ad and backpackers style. You see, her brother and his wife have been offering tours to Africa for many years and people can basically choose what kind of a trip they want. They want to show people the real Africa but people can also ask for a bit of luxury.

Let's keep the fantasy going with a few photos from a Louis Vuitton ad campaign from 2010, photographed in South Africa by Carter Smith. It features Dree Hemingway, the great-granddaughter of author Ernest Hemingway, Andrew Cooper, and some beautiful travel items, accessories and vintage luggage.

photo credit:
Carter Smith for Louis Vuitton 2010 Cruise via Quite Continental | models Dree Hemingway + Andrew Cooper styled by Antje Winter

1 comment:

  1. I'm already used to being inspired by the same things. I've had these photos in my inspiration folder and I just love it. It's part of my idea of Africa. It makes me dream a little.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.