Monday, 20 January 2014

interior design: a white rustic countryside home


Today I'm taking you into this white and rustic countryside 1902 home in Northern California that was featured in Country Living. It's not the overall style I fell for but the details, which I find well done and charming.

The black antique cabinet is a wonderful contrast to the white walls and wood, and I like how they use its shelf to display some of the pretty kitchenware. Open kitchen shelving always appeals to me, especially in homes with a rustic style, and I like the massive dining table and the mismatched seating. The mudroom was the space I first fell for when I saw this house tour.

I have a big crush on this mudroom, I love its rustic and natural touch.


The family photos on display make this one corner of the living room extra special (I'm sorry to point out the sloppy Photoshopping - see one frame in the bottom shelf).


In the white furnished master bedroom I think the old chest in front of the bed creates a certain balance. (In our new home we placed a bench in front of the bed where we keep a few books and we can put down our clothes. I highly recommend it if you have the space.) I also like the wood flooring in the bathroom, it adds warmth to the space.


photo credit:
Björn Wallander for Country Living via Bette's

1 comment:

  1. That antique glossy cabinet is just stunning! I love that styling. The outside of the house is gorgeous too - very orderly and neat. I think it'll make a fabulous holiday home for me!:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam and deleted.