Friday, 28 February 2014

I did it!

In my Space post on Tuesday I was telling you about this idea of mine to turn our sitting room into a study room for me (yesterday I gave you a sneak peek into that space). To make a long story short, I did it! I have already rearranged the room and as I write this, I'm sitting by the desk, looking out the window and eating grapes. On the table I keep a lamp, some of my favourite books and magazines, and a vase with fresh flowers. Even though I still need bookshelves, I couldn't be happier with the space. I have my chaise lounge in here, my rattan storage trunk next to it and artwork by the kids on one wall (I will give you a sneak peak later). The space feels inspiring; this was just what I needed to further embrace my new home.

Well, it's time for my studies. I hadn't told you but I'm taking an online course with Professor Jeffrey D. Sachs called The Age of Sustainable Development. We are in week 6 of 14 and the material is very interesting. Sachs is the director of The Earth Institute - Columbia University. He is the author of The End of Poverty and other books, which I can highly recommend if you are interested in issues like extreme poverty, climate change, etc. This is the first time he offers the course online, through Coursera, and the course will be offered again in the autumn. I'm very interested in these issues and have been for years but I have no intention to let the course affect my blog in any way. As I had mentioned my studies, I just wanted to share it with you.

Have a wonderful weekend!

photo credit:
Lisa Hjalt

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds super interesting, Lisa! I love to get little ideas what the bloggers are all up to when not blogging - after all we have a life besides blogging too, right? Happy weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is an interesting course and quite an eye-opener as well, especially when one has all these graphs with alarming statistics.

      Life besides blogging ... exactly.

      Delete
  2. Congrats. It is nice to have your on space. I am dreaming of having a blogging space...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Steph, I believe my space and I will be very happy together ;-)

      Delete
  3. I have the feeling I'm going to love the artwork wall. :) And as I've had the privilege of a sneak peek into your new work space, you already know that I like the way it turned out. Good luck with your studying and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa - your studies sound absolutely fascinating! I cannot wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete