Saturday 1 March 2014

ethnic vibes in my study room + at{mine}

It is unusual for me to blog on a Saturday evening but I was feeling inspired and I wanted to share a new online platform with you, called at{mine}. As I told you on Friday, I turned our sitting room into a study room for myself and I love my new space. Placing a desk by a window is a guarantee for inspiration, as long as you have a nice view. I'm not done with the space but today I decided to change the look of my chaise lounge and give my neutral cushion cover a rest. I was in a mood for an ethnic vibe and went for a colourful suzani cushion cover that I won in a giveaway on Igor's Happy Interior Blog (see here). It's a hand-embroidered Central Asian ethnic textile from the Ikatsuzani shop on Etsy. My children love it and the reason I chose it for the study room is that since I rearranged the space they like sitting on the chaise lounge with a book or their tablets while I'm sitting by the desk.

And now to the new online platform!

at{mine}
A new online community for home and design lovers has just launched, called at{mine}. It's a new London-based platform to discover and share real interiors. Currently it is undergoing a beta test and is available to new users by invites only. Yesterday I got an invite from the aforementioned Igor of the Happy Interior Blog and signed up right away to check it out.

I have a good feeling about at{mine}. It looks like a promising platform that is here to stay. I like the neat look of it and I think it's a wonderful way to share images of spaces in your own home or vignettes. It's easy to upload photos and tag products in your photo. You can of course follow other profiles, like photos or leave a comment.

Below is a screenshot of my profile. It's looks a bit empty right now with only three photos. If you are interested in joining at{mine} I have a few invites to share - just leave a comment below or send me a message.

photo credit:
Lisa Hjalt, except No. 3 via Happy Interior Blog

6 comments:

  1. I think a cushion is a nice and simple way to bring a little colour into an otherwise neutral room. I have a plain red one that I use for our living room, the space looks so much better now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful in your study room, Lisa! And I am happy you like at mine - off to check out your pics there now! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bright pillow! At Mine sounds great...I'd love that!
    Happy Oscar Day!

    Lisa E ox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Lisa, I have already sent you an invite ;-)

      Delete
  4. Hi Lisa! At mine sounds lovely and if you could send me an invite I would be really grateful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello June, can you provide me with an email to send the invite to you? I saw none on your profile and the link to your website doesn't work.

      Delete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.