Friday 14 March 2014

Inspired by blue and indigo



This morning as I was sipping my latte (these days I'm taking it with just a touch of pure maple syrup - it's delicious!), I started thinking about my study room and the decoration ideas in my mind. After going in a few circles I have decided on various shades of blue and indigo. These colours speak to the core of my being, they create a calming effect, and they fit with everything. I was mainly inspired by a feature on indigo in the April issue of Elle Decoration UK (I snapped a photo for you - that artwork is actually made of jeans). A while ago I had asked my younger daughter to paint a picture for my study room, a painting that would be inspired by Georgia O'Keeffe. She said sure but I hadn't decided on the colours and now I just know how awesome it will be to have a large blue painting on that particular wall. Below it I'm thinking one or two rustic looking shelves for books and small objects, which A will create for me when I have found the right wood.


For my neutral coloured chaise lounge I was thinking about this Nila Striped Cotton Throw by John Robshaw Textiles. It's made in India; hand loomed and hand knotted. It has a textured surface, as the thickness of the yarn it's made with varies throughout. Then yesterday I found myself swooning over this gorgeous Mexican throw on Igor's Happy Interior Blog below, which makes me wonder if I should turn up the volume of the ethnic elements. It's just that I cannot get the striped throw out of my head and now I cannot get Igor's throw out of my head either!

This is what I will be obsessing about over the weekend. I hope you have a good one!


photo credit:
1: Lisa Hjalt / 2: John Robshaw Textiles / 3: Igor Josif of Happy Interior Blog

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am a real blue boy and love indigo! It's probably the main reason why I bought that throw as there were many other colours available too - you can imagine, Mexican folklore is very colourful! Whatever you pick, I know it will be a stylish choice as your style never fails you! Have a happy weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Igor, your throw has completely rocked my world ... I'm obsessed with its colours ;-)

      Delete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.