Wednesday 12 March 2014

Space: a columned loggia in Tuscany



With the season of al fresco dining almost upon us I wanted to step outside in this week's Space post. This charming columned loggia belongs to the Tuscan residence of the Labèque sisters, the piano duo Katia and Marielle (I think they still own it). The interior designer was Axel Vervoordt, and since designing this place he has collaborated with the sisters again. I think the woven chairs are a wonderful contrast to the massive French wine table. If you want to take a look inside, simply follow the link below.

photo credit:
Simon Upton for Architectural Digest, May 1992 via The Art of the Room

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I'm already dreaming about my parents' country house patio and garden. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I be invited to a luscious dinner in this patio? Like now??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just call the Labèque sisters, I'm sure they would say yes ;-)

      Delete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.