Tuesday, 18 March 2014

space: a dining room in France with a purple twist

Trust me, I'm someone who would never consider going for purple chairs in my dining room, yet I'm fascinated with the look of this space, which belongs to a house in the south of France (follow the links below for more). That massive oak trestle table is right up my alley and I think the black glass cabinet contrasts it beautifully. The tiles also appeal to me and I like how the black squares break up the look, the floor would probably look a bit flat without them. The purple industrial chairs, or the Tolix chairs (Xavier Pauchard (1880-1948) design), take care of transforming this space - in a good way. I think it's the rustic wood, neutral colours and minimal home accessories that make the purple work so well.

photo credit:
Mikkel Adsbøl for Femina via Lily & Parker

1 comment:

  1. I would be happy if I had those tiles and the massive oak table in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam and deleted.